Thursday, April 30, 2015

Prayer Retreat

This past Monday and Tuesday, I spent time at SpringHill Camp with staff members from Centerpoint, Vanguard North, and Vanguard South. We experienced a prayer retreat that was second to none. One of the greatest joys in ministry is having such a positive, mutually encouraging relationship with our granddaughter congregations. The Vanguard family of churches is well versed in the power of prayer. Often when I pray with such heavy weights in prayer I feel like I'm just getting my learner’s permit, but the only way you get better at any enterprise is practice. I believe that God is stirring a renewed passion for prayer amongst our staff, and in our congregation, which gives me great hope for the advancement of the mission God has called us to.

I'm excited about being able to teach again this Sunday. I hope the message is useful in enabling us to be more aware of the opposition against the great work God has called us to, along with all of the provision that He promises. Hope to see many of you on Sunday.

On Tuesday, I'm getting on a plane with five other RCA pastors whose congregations are partnering together to plant a series of churches on university campuses in Hungary. I will have my eyes, ears, and heart open to expecting God to speak to me during this interesting trip.

Blessings!

Jeff Porte

No comments:

Post a Comment