Thursday, April 16, 2015

GLS, Multiplication, and House of Cards



Yesterday was interesting. I was encouraged by the response of the staff toward the Summit challenge I presented them with. We have committed toward each bringing 10 people to the Summit. If we are able to achieve this goal, the staff themselves will have brought 150 people. I believe that is within reach. I also made three weeks of To The Point videos promoting the Global Leadership Summit. I really want to see the worship center with over 600 people this year!

The monthly meeting that I have the Multiplication Team of our classis was very encouraging as we strategized with our four current plants on goals for this coming year. We certainly have some top talent planters in our region within the RCA.

 Last night, my oldest son Michael and I watched another episode of "House of Cards". I like political drama. This is one about the president and watching how he interfaces with his cabinet and other powerbrokers on the Hill. There are great leadership lessons to be learned - even from fictitious dramas.

I've listen to nine different messages this week, including my own from Sunday. I've made it a discipline -  as arduous and painful as it is -  to listen to myself after every message.  One of the messages I listened to gave me some clarity about heaven.  I've always been a little fussy about how the new heaven and new earth coincide with the current earth and current heaven.  It has been interesting.

Today, I have to write the second half of the message for Sunday. I am hopeful that the words that are shared will be a catalyst toward more intentional prayer on behalf of CP.



Blessings!


Jp


Jeff Porte is the Senior Pastor of Centerpoint Church in Kalamazoo, MI.  He keeps it classy by proudly sporting his Global Leadership Summit shirts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment