Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Easter Reflections


As I sit out on my back deck I'm reflecting on how I saw God at work in my life over these last few days with the help of my huddle, and in particular, Brad Baker. I'm trying to become more alert at seeing God in everything. So here are some of the ways in which I experienced God in these last few days.

  • I felt His love, warmth, and encouragement as Brad Landrum washed my feet with not only water, but tears, and with a hug that followed expressing our mutual love and locked shields as we continue in this great fight.
  • I experienced Him in having a private communion with my wife where we not only shared bread but prayers of confession and gratitude for what God is doing in the life of our family.
  • I experienced God on Saturday, playing Frisbee in the parking lot of Lucas Oil Stadium, as we became friends with everyone from every school.
  • I experienced God again as I had to admit that the Michigan State Spartans needed a miracle and it never came.
  • It's hard for me to put into words the deep joy of being able to preach the Gospel to a full church at both services and to watch the Spirit touching the lives of young and old as they came forward to be baptized.
  • I was able to baptize with Jason Zimmer, a number of people from Northpoint.
  • I am grateful for the extreme joy of seeing the fruits of God moving His church towards planting churches who plant churches or the joy of baptizing with Pat and Brad a gal who has found a turning point to be her church.
  • I experienced God in the Easter Egg Hunt with all of my great nieces and nephews and knowing that next year Brielle will be out there opening eggs.
  • I experienced God again having my immediate family hanging out, laughing, and eating Chinese food and I experienced Him again when we watched Son of God on Netflix.
  • This morning I experienced God while riding hard on my training bike; going nowhere and everywhere at the same time.
  • My discipleship huddle has helped open my eyes to see Jesus more clearly. So as Terri, David, and I go back down to Indy for the final tonight I'm actually going to wear red and cheer for Wisconsin.
    I trust that you will see God this week as well, as we continue to celebrate the resurrection of Jesus.
JP

Jeff Porte is the Senior Pastor of Centerpoint Church and a diehard college hoops fan...even if it wasn't Michigan in the Final Four.

No comments:

Post a Comment