Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Final 4


Gang,

It is hard to put into words how much fun it was to be at the final game in Indianapolis. I scored free parking and free hotel for five nights so I feel that my Dutch soul was ministered to in very specific and beautiful ways. It was a wonderful memory to be able to bring Terri and David.  I spent most of the day writing the message for Sunday and I am eager to be able to share with our congregation, even as difficult as it is to hear, that we have become "comfortably numb".

I listened to three Willow Creek messages last night and found myself convicted, challenged, and comforted from God's Word through Bill Hybels and Steve Carter.

I want to encourage each of you to utilize the advantage of social media to engage people in this blog and I promise to keep information updated and hopefully, not boring.

 One of the highlights of our time in Indy was talking with David about  businesses where we experienced both great customer service and poor service. It is so refreshing to be around a student of companies and hearing his reflections on why one company succeeds and another fails. I have no question that he will succeed in business. And I trust he will retain his commitment toward creating a for-profit company that provides needed goods and services in developing countries. The only thing better than such conversations was the Chick-fil-A  sandwich and chocolate chip cookie they make which absolutely must be part of the menu in heaven.

 Invite your friends to worship on Sunday and be prepared to have your comfortable lifestyle blown up by the unchanging Word of God.

Jp

Jeff Porte is the Senior Pastor at Centerpoint Church and recently told his team that mowing his lawn was "fun".  Hear more from Jeff by downloading the Centerpoint Kalamazoo app in your iOs or Android app store.

No comments:

Post a Comment